The original Saint Joseph School opened in Kimmswick in 1909, serving the local immigrant population, and moved to its present location in 1999. Eight additional classrooms and a gymnasium completed an expansion project in 2003. Currently, SJS enrolls over 400 children and is staffed by the Apostles of the Sacred Heart of Jesus and a dedicated lay faculty.
- Nearly 50% of our teachers have advanced degrees
- Student/teacher ratio is 13:1
- Member of the National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)
- Member of the National Federation of Nonpublic Schools State Accrediting Associations (NFNSSAA)